I made homemade peanut-butter dog treats for my puppy Charlie. You can find where I got the recipe at The Bark Spot
- 6 cups whole wheat flour ( you may have to add more or less depending on the brand of flour you use – Arrowhead Mills Organic Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour works best for us)
- 2.5 cups water
- 2.5 cups natural peanut butter (Smart Balance Peanut Butter is great!)
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and slowly add flour until a thick dough forms – add more flour if needed
- Roll out dough to desired thickness, cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or pizza roller, and place treats on a tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 325 degrees (best in a convection oven) for 25-30 minutes. Treats should be crunchy and dry when removed from oven. Let treats cool and dry out over night.
here is a fresh batch in the oven-the house smelled like we were making peanut-butter cookies. Both my son and I tried a bite and it really had no flavor but I'm sure the dog loves them because they have peanut-butter in them.