July 21, 2011

Homemade Doggy Treats






 I made homemade peanut-butter dog treats for my puppy Charlie. You can find where I got the recipe at The Bark Spot





Ingredients
  • 6 cups whole wheat flour ( you may have to add more or less depending on the brand of flour you use – Arrowhead Mills Organic Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour works best for us)
  • 2.5 cups water
  • 2.5 cups natural peanut butter (Smart Balance Peanut Butter is great!)
  • 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
Instructions
  1. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and slowly add flour until a thick dough forms – add more flour if needed
  2. Roll out dough to desired thickness, cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or pizza roller, and place treats on a tray lined with parchment paper
  3. Bake at 325 degrees (best in a convection oven) for 25-30 minutes. Treats should be crunchy and dry when removed from oven.  Let treats cool and dry out over night.
here is a fresh batch in the oven-the house smelled like we were making peanut-butter cookies. Both my son and I tried a bite and it really had no flavor but I'm sure the dog loves them because they have peanut-butter in them.

finished doggy treats in their doggy container and Charlie LOVED his treat! Happy baking ladies, let me know how you enjoyed this recipe.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Bubbles said...

I HAVE TO TRY THESE FOR MY BIG PUPPY =)
i LOVE YOUR BLOG!
http://crazycolorfulbubbles.blogspot.com/