August 6, 2011

2nd Attempt at Mini Pies in a Jar

 My second attempt at mini pies in the jar was a success-yay! My girlfriend bought me the right kind of jars at the German market, Thank you Jennie :) These jars with flat sides work much better then the previous ones I posted with the indentations at the top of the jar. The pies slide right out unto the plates with no problems. I used already pie crusts and pie filling for these. But I think next time we make these we'll do our pie crust and fillings. I think homemade pie crusts and filling tastes much better than store bought. I wanted to see how they would turn out and was being a little lazy. I'm on a time crunch with my soldier being home and trying to spend time with him and not be in the kitchen baking. Now to add some vanilla ice cream to this and enjoy these little pies, yummy!


Directions:
What you need to get started is Mini Jars, Pie Crust and Filling and a baking pan
When putting in the bottom crust allow it to stick up over the edge to give you something to turn under and crimp later. Put filling in to about 3/4ths of an inch below the top. This way you’ll have enough room to put the top layer of crust on and press the edges together.
There is no really good way to get a small disk of pie dough into the jar and press it into place. Just manipulate it to fit around the jar.
Fold over and crimp the edges as best you can, it’s pretty difficult in such a small jar. Better yet, use a larger jar.
Bake somewhere between 350 and 400 degrees until the bottom of the crust is browning




Photobucket

1 comment:

Mrs.B said...

they turned out fabulous :D