May 28, 2015

Pocket letter using brown paper bags

I was cleaning out one my plastic tubs of scrapbooking supplies and came across tons of packages of brown paper lunch bags. I use to make paper bag albums so I forgot I had a huge stock pile of these. I thought, hmmm I bet I could make a cute coffee pocket letter with 9 pocket tabs. Well, I was right. It turned out adorable, and all the pockets were made out of brown paper lunch bags.
 
 
 

 you just need a pencil, brown lunch bags, a cutter, or scissors, and a pocket page, which is baseball trading card pages.
 I took my pocket template and traced out from the center of the lunch bag, that way you get that little cut out for a tag pocket.
 it looked like this
 then I cut out my bag, keeping all the scraps for more pocket cards later and embellishments.
 it looked like this when I cut it out, see the notch on the front pocket,
 all 9 pockets cut out
this is what it looks like in the pocket with a tag, now you just embellish each pocket and add a tag. Easy peasy!
 
here is what the finished coffee pocket looks like!


 here is what the back looks like!
 








Photobucket

10 comments:

CorinnasCreativRausch said...

I really love this PL, and I think it´s a great Idea, I also have such bags! Thanks for your Inspiration!
Greetings from Germany,
Corinna

Bettina763 said...

i love the look of this, kraft paper is my favorite. is it just a single piece of the paper bag, or did you make it a pocket insert? i have a ton of bags from the albums too......

EmTabby said...

Looks great, love this idea!!

Julie GM said...

super cute!! Yes I remember making all those paper bag mini albums too! happy day to you!

Alicia Willis said...

Love your coffee themed pocket letters, would you consider making one for me. I can swap with my own humble creations. Please....

Jodie West said...

Once you cute the section of paper bag out do you glue the 2 pieces together to make and actual pocket , or just use one side to get the look? This is just absolutely adorable and would luv to give it a try. I've never made one but after seeing this I really want to now!
Thanks for sharing!
*hugs*
JoJo

bello amanecer said...

OMG !!! Fabulous idea ! Thank you for sharing it !!!

Rose Powell said...

Oh Brianna you are so clever, I absolutely LOVE your coffee pocket letters. So fun!

Amanda said...

So sweet and pretty. Someone is lucky to be reviving such a lively pocket letter!

Hannah F. said...

Absolutely love this! I am going on a retreat in April and we are doing a pocket letter page swap... You have given me some much needed inspiration! Thanks for sharing with us and Coffee Cheers to you too c[__]