September 11, 2011

9.11 Baumholder 9km Run

Did my first 5K run this past Friday Sept 9th in honor of 9-11. Once we got to the race the announcer said it was not a 5K but a 9K which is 5.7 miles. Mentally I had prepared myself for a 3.1 miles. I even prepared for hills. All the training on the treadmill paid off. When the race started I was ready to go. I told myself you will not stop, not even on the hills. Guess what I DIDN'T STOP and ran the ENTIRE race. I was so proud of myself that I did it. I completed my very first race and ran it non-stop. It was all mind over matter doing the hills and I had to watch my breathing. We have 2 more runs this month that I will be participating in and 2 in October I'll be running in. I really enjoy running, it feels fantastic to get out there and run.

BEFORE THE RACE STARTED EMILY AND I
 ME AFTER I FINISHED THE RACE I WAS SO HAPPY TO BE DONE EVEN THOUGH I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO DIE...IT WAS WORTH IT ALL
EMILY GOT A MEDAL FOR 3RD PLACE HER FIRST RACE!
MANY MORE RACES FOR US TO COME!

Photobucket

No comments: