May 17, 2010

No, it can't be!

I hopped on the scale and it reads 198 pounds in total shock I stepped off and decided this is not going to be acceptable anymore. Since that day I've made some serious life style changes. My eating habits, my snacking habits, the lack of exercise I was getting. But despite all this I'm completely STUCK at the weight I'm at now[150]. I have hit what they call a weight loss plateau. I've changed my workout routine so that my muscles get a new wake up call about every 4 months. But it doesn't seem to be helping me drop anymore weight. I refuse to diet. No slim fasting, no starving myself, no pills. Just hard work and determination to lose this weight the right way and keep it off.

Don't get me wrong I'm very proud of myself for dropping 48 pounds and keeping it off for over 2 years now. But being stuck in this weight  is starting to take it's toll. With my daughter graduating and heading off to college I don't want the excuse of stuffing my face with sugary baked goods to comfort myself and hop back on the scale and it reads 158.

As military wives enduring multiply deployments we almost all go on the countdown to homecoming diets. But I'm not doing that. My soldier is home he has been home for over a year now. I've continued to work out everyday. I'm determined to get back to my 130 pound weight. [20] pounds need to come off. Once I hit this goal the reward it going to be HUGE! But for now here I am stuck at [150].  It gets depressing as summers right around the corner and I don't yet feel comfortable in a swimsuit at all. I have to get over this insecurity though. I don't want to miss out on all the memories we'll be making with the kids traveling around Germany and hitting some of their fantastic pools and theme parks.

In my last ditch efforts I ordered the P90X. Here's a break down of the workouts:
The P90X workout schedule is broken up into 11 dvd routines plus an additional 12th dvd for ab exercises called Ab Ripper X.
DVD #1 – Chest & Back
DVD #2 – Plyometrics
DVD #3 – Shoulders & Arms
DVD #4 – Yoga X
DVD # 5 – Legs & Back
DVD #6 – Kenpo X
DVD #7 – X Stretch
DVD #8 – Core Synergistics
DVD #9 – Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
DVD #10 – Back & Biceps
DVD #11 – Cardio X
DVD #12 – Ab Ripper X

If this doesn't kick my ass into shape I don't know what is going to. 
Come on P90X hurry up and get here, I'm ready for a workout ass whipping!

3 comments:

Bree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Waverly said...

That is absolutely so encouraging!!! I am off to the doctor tomorrow to get cleared to exercise. I have gained so much weight in the last year a a half that it is just embarrassing to me. I hate the way I look in my clothes and have felt so discouraged by not being able to work out. However, reading your blog makes me feel very hopeful in that I will be able to do the same. I love working out and being outside and the problems with my feet have hindered my life so so much. However, that is about to all change! Thank you God!! Thanks, Bri, for posting that...very inspirational!

Sarcastic Sarah said...

When I read the first sentence i was like WHAT?? then i realized it was from the VERY beginning of all of it! Bree, you are so very brave for doing the P90X Cyn does it, and she cries! hahaha! Keep us updated and MAYBE i can be hardcore like you!!!