October 26, 2013

Enamel Dots!

I have become obsessed with enamel dots but I refused to pay 5.00 for such a small amount of dots so what did I do decided to make my own dots, that's right make my own. Here is how you can make your own dots too. And at these prices you will have thousands of dots for your cards, layouts, project life, smash books or mini albums.  I ordered from one of my all time favorite sites Oriental Trading Company
You get anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 beads. OMG that is so many enamel dots for under 10 bucks WOW who would have thought. Well I did, and now you can jump on this scrapbooking craze and make your own. I will post pictures once I have made all mine. 
 
 
Here is what the pony beads look like from Oriental Trading Company. And you can order so many different colors. They have every color you can imagine. The ones pictured here are the neon beads.
What you will need to make your own beads is the following: wax paper, a cookie sheet, pony beads{or any plastic beads} Hobby Lobby and Micheals also has them. Just space your beads on wax paper on a cookie sheet.  Turn your oven on to 400' F and stick them in til they are smooth puddles---> approximately 15 mins!
Wallah you just made your own enamel dots.
Now go make your own so you can start using them as embellishments on tons of projects.
 
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Deb said...

Making mine right now. Hope they work because they smell really bad! Thanks for the tip!