September 7, 2011

Healthy Carrot Cupcakes

Made a healthy batch of carrot cupcakes. I got the recipe from Mama Grubbs Grub
Here's the recipe but for the rest of the instructions please pay her blog a visit, it will be worth your time :)

1 1/2 whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/4 cups finely shredded carrots
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup prune purée
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup Truvia

*They didn't have prune puree at our commissary so I bought baby food the organic prunes puree and the little tiny carton was exactly 1/4 cup :) also I didn't have Truvia so I used SPLENDA*
these cupcakes are moist and taste fantastic. Adding raisins to my next batch. Happy Baking!

Photobucket

No comments: