November 1, 2011

Monster Mash 5K

To start my Halloween off I did a 5k. I think having music playing helped out a lot. It kept me distracted. I was just out there running and singing. My husband told me singing helps with breathing and he is right. Thanks love. Crossing the finishing line I looked up and saw I did my run under 30 mins. Go me go me. That put a huge smile on my face. Although the picture below that they took of me finishing doesn't look like it.

Soon as my run ended I changed clothes and did my TBX class, for those of you who don't know what that is it's a total body extreme class and let me tell you it's a workout. One of hour of death. I am a sweaty mess when I come out of that class. I would rather do another 3.1 run because running is so much easier then that class. Yes, it's intense. But I like pushing my body which is why I keep going back to that class. She has three levels of intensity and I am mostly at level 3 right now. Some of the moves I can not do yet but I will. High intensity is where it's.

I'm pretty dang happy with my running these days. Getting better and faster at the 5k's. Making progress. I know I have a long way to go but for now I'm happy doing these 5k's. You wouldn't have caught me last year signing up for a 5k and being excited to run it. I love to run. I woke up feeling pretty sore so going to go do a 30 min stretch and loosen up my leg muscles. I'm still going to hit the gym this morning and do treadmill drills and weights. Then tonight I have Zumba. I'm really liking that class, I don't know the instructors routines yet but I will. It's just a whole lot of dancing to really loud music all the while getting a great workout in. So on my never ending journey to lose weight I'm just incorporating as many different things as I can so I keep shocking body. 130 here I come ;)
Happy Exercising

 Me before my run...let's do this ;)

 Me after my run, they always take the greatest pictures of me finishing.



Photobucket

No comments: