June 20, 2010

Not a day goes by!

It's been two days since my daughter flew home. Just taking it one day at a time for right now until I get use this change in my life. But little things like what happened today kinda make it hard to do. I was shopping in the commissary and usually my daughter gives me a list of things she needs for the week. Like diet green tea, wheat bread and string cheese. Today I had no extra list of things to buy. Felt kinda strange. And the other night when we were setting the table we only had to get out 4 plates instead of 5. Still waiting for my daughter to come out of her room singing with her zune on. I know it's not going to happen, just feels like it is. Trying to keep my mind occupied by putting together a scrapped photo album for her. This is the start of it, the cover anyway. Have to wait for my order from snapfish to get here before I can add the photo's. Making this photo album will keep me busy for a good month. Plus I'm putting together a care package to send for her first day of school.

Tomorrow she is attending her college orientation, I won't be there with her but her grandparents have graciously offered to be fill ins for me. I'm curious to see what class load she will have. She's going for her bachelors in science for nursing. I got to SKYPE with her last night, that was FUN! I'm so thankful for the internet for without it I would be snail mailing my daughter and it would take days for me to get a letter to her from Germany and vise versa. Now we just log unto Facebook or Skype and wallah there she is. Looking forward to our weekly chats. Will make me feel like I'm still a part of her college life.

Today's Father's Day, my husband had CQ last night so he's sleeping most of his day away. We did however make him a father's day cake, home made cards and we're preparing him Shrimp pasta alfredo for dinner. I hope he has a good evening with us once he wakes up. Hopefully we will get to Skype with Miranda tonight too.

The sun's out now so guess I'm going to go tend to my plants. They need a little TLC. Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarcastic Sarah said...

Oh Bree! I can only imagine what you are going through! Thankfully Randa is an AWESOME kid, and she will give you nothing extra to worry about! I know you will stay busy and creative! She will ever so enjoy your care packages!