July 13, 2011

Craftroom, Thank You!

Thank goodness for my craftroom. It has been yet again a deployment lifesaver. I can go in there shut the door turn on the music and get consumed in a craft project for hours on end. Time flies while I'm in there. I love that! It also de-stresses me from being around my kids all day and night. They're on summer break and sometimes we're together too much. It's my sanctuary. Deployments are so hard. The time just drags on and on and on. Like never ending. Sometimes it feels like the movie Groundhog Day, where he keeps waking up re-living the same day over and over. I feel like that some days, it always the same. But with each deployment, this being our 4th separation I find scrapbooking has helped me cope with it. While my craftroom is still a work in progess for now I am content with it. We will be packing up and moving soon so might not get all my storage bought till we're stateside and see what kind of space I am working with. Plus I would love to go to IKEA without paying the Euro rate and do my craftroom the way I imagine it to look. I dont know what I would do during deployments without this way to cope, it's such a huge part of my life since 2003.

To all of you dealing/coping with a deployment just remember to take it one day at time. Some days will be good and others will be totally dysfunctional. You just got to get up the next day and start a new. Happy Scrapping!

Photobucket

No comments: