October 27, 2011

Card Box so CUTE!


Had a BLAST making this card box which I will now be turning into a cute little recipe box with all our wonderful  holiday cookie recipes.  Inside the box has tons of room. I'm still making the file tabs and recipe cards but OMG I am in love with this box. Plus it doesn't take that much time to make. I would recommend you buy a scoring board. A lot of my upcoming projects for the holidays will include boxes and it's hard making them if you do not have one on hand. This box can used for so many things. I'm going to make this box for my daughters birthday party as goodie bags for the girls to take home but they will be goodie purses. 

  
I included everything you need to make this box but if your like me you need to also visually see it being done so I included the video at the end of this post...Happy Scrapping ;) 

 

Cardstock for the Box
  • One piece cut to 7 1/2" x 12".  With the 12" side going across the top, score it at 2 1/2", 5", and 10 1/2".
  • One piece cut to 7 1/2" x 8".  With the 8" side going across the top, score it at 2 1/2".
  • Two pieces cut to 6" x 5 1/4".  With the 6" side going across the top, score it every 1/2" (1/2", 1", 1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2", 3", 3 1/2", 4", 4 1/2", 5", and 5 1/2")
Paper for decorating the box
  • Two pieces cut to 7" x 5"
  • Three pieces cut to 7" x 2"
cardstock to layer under Paper
  • Two pieces cut to 7 1/4" x 5 1/4"
  • Three pieces cut to 7 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Other supplies
  • Two jumbo eyelets
  • 4 pieces of hemp twine cut to 6" each
  • 16" of Real Red wide grosgrain for the handle
  • Dimensionals
  • Crop-a-dial
  • Sticky Strip
  • Velcro Dot
  • Any other items you want to decorate the box.  I added some Real Red wide grosgrain and a cherry scalloped circle medallion on the front flap of the box.
  • CARD BOX VIDEO CLICK HERE 
Photobucket

No comments: