- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds ground
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8×8″ cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, brown sugar, and cornmeal; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, lightly beat the eggs, and then stir in the pumpkin, oil, and molasses.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined, and then pour the batter into the pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.