November 9, 2011

Once Old Now New Again


 Bought this table on our yardsale site here in Germany and did not like how it looked so I went ahead painted and sanded it and wallah I have a new little table. I googled shabby chic to get a little insirptaion and decided to paint it white and destress it with sandpaper.  I like how it turned out. Now my wondering eye is seeking out other cheap furniture or sometimes FREE furniture I can acquire to paint and distress and maybe have a nice little collection of shabby chic items. A frugal lady's way to redecorate her home on the cheap. Love this concept and idea! Why didn't I get on board with upcycling a long time ago geesh.

Here's a quick little bit of info about upcycling. Upcycling is similar to recycling in that you are taking something and reworking it into a new form for continued use. however the main difference is that in the case of upcycling you are generally not altering its form back into its components for reuse.
Happy Upcycling ;) 

Photobucket

No comments: