December 12, 2011

Day 1 of 12 Days of Cookies


Normally every year for the holidays we get together with my sister, mother and grandmother and have an all day  "bake day" and bake cookies. Since we can't be together because I'm living overseas I started my own version last year of our bake day~~~>12 days of cookies :)♥ I start it on Dec 12th and bake a new cookie everyday till Dec 24th. Today was Chocolate Reese Cookie. It's my son's favorite cookie. I love family traditions!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
  2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Little Pink Bird said...

That is such a cute tradition and i think my hubby and kids would love THE idea of having different cookies everyday. Thank you for sharing the recipes as well =)