August 24, 2012

Fabric Tie Wreath

Made my very first fabric tie wreath! Here it is hanging on the front door, I was trying to cover up the little window we have smack in the middle of our door so people can't just look into our home!

you need...a wreath or a wire coat hanger[just bend into a ring]rotary cutter[scissors will also work if you don't have a rotary cutter]your favorite fabric & pinking shears!
 I used 5 fabric remnants
 I cut them into 1 inch by 16 inch stripes, I am making another wreath and going to try 2 inch stripes{check back for pictures}

once you have all your fabric cut into stripes

start tying them onto your wreath[hanger]by making a double knot

  continue around the entire wreath

 it will look like this

take your shearing scissors and start cutting till you think it looks pretty

 add a ribbon to hang and wallah...

you just made a fabric tie wreath!

took my jar of coffee sleeves that I save and a 1 1/2 punch and cut out a circle

hot glued pieces of left over fabric to it

added a paper flower

and hot glued it to the center of the wreath!

Happy Crafting :)

Photobucket

No comments: