September 13, 2011

I've Become a Runner


Registered for my Breast Cancer 5k here in Germany set for Oct 15th and then also registered for another 5k in K-Town set for Oct 1st. I'm very proud of myself for putting this running goal in motion a few months back and now have built my endurance up enough to do races. I have ALWAYS hated running, with a passion but now that passion has turned into a LOVE for running. I actually get up in the morning and can't wait to get to the gym and get my run on. I never in a million years would have thought I'd be typing that I LOVE to run and look forward to doing it. It's true though. I think because when I'm done running I get what they call a runner's high[a term used for that euphoric state which is experienced by many runners during a prolonged run]I feel like I can conquer the world after a good run. Can't wait for Spring to come when there are so many more races to participate in. I did go out today and get myself some new running shoes. They are so comfy, I can't wait to break them in tomorrow with a 5 mile run. Tomorrow I'm getting a new iPod so I can start running around the German neighborhood and down by our lake while jamming out to my 80's music. I want to run outdoors on the pavement from time to time and get all that fresh air. I do have a new goal for myself and that is to wake up get the kids off to school and then head out the door and run to the back gate and get myself a soy sugar free caramel macchiato and then run back home. Not sure how many miles that is, I'm going to have to drive it and figure it out. It's almost all up hill but coming back it's all almost downhill. Now that will be a challenge and I'm ready to take it on. Maybe run/walk a block to see if I can do that and go from there. Will start this on Monday and see how my week goes. Wish me luck! Happy excising ;)

No comments: