the ingredients you'll need to make french toast casserole
line the pan with bread overlapping them slightly not as much as I did in this picture
mix the brown sugar and melted butter and pour on the bottom I also added raisins to this batch
pour the remaining mixture over bread making sure to get it in between the slices
I only added the praline topping to one side of the batch
cover with foil and let sit in the fridge overnight then when you take out the
next morning you bake it at 350' for 40 mins
wallah you just made french toast casserole--->Happy Baking!
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 loaf texas toast
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup half/half
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup pecans, measured then chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- (optional) maple syrup and powdered sugar for topping
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and melted butter and pour on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Arrange slices of bread in the baking dish overlapping if necessary.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl and pour evenly over bread slices.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over bread slices.
- Wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
- In the morning, take the casserole out of the fridge for at least 10 minutes while you are preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake casserole for 30-35 minutes. If top starts browning too quickly place a foil loosely over the top of the casserole for the last 10 minutes or so. You want it to cook long enough to make sure the bottom part is cooked but don't dry it out completely.
- Remove casserole from oven and let it cool slightly before serving. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup.